Saturday 12 May 2012

Alice McCall Spring Summer 2012






I saw Alice McCall's new collection today on Vogue's Facebook page. I've never looked into her work properly, put was struck by the bright colours and varied hemlines.  Alice McCall took her inspiration from Russian babushka dolls for Spring/Summer 2012, with bold floral prints, embellishment and a colour palette of white, blue and red. The clean edges combined with traditional, folkish detailing are what I really love, making her theme modern and wearable. 

Saturated needlepoint floral motifs, romantic cotton voile lace, complete with miniature applique buds, 'fit-and-flare silhouettes and prim elbow-length sleeves were a nod to traditional Hungarian dress'. But my favourite details the stiff scalloped edging, sheer under-skirts and over-layers and floral digital prints and neon colours. 

I want to work out my signature style.